Thursday, August 23, 2007

Melody's Bank Holiday challenge!!!!


You might recall the last bank holiday challenge by Melody, to knit something start to finish over the bank holiday weekend. You may also remember me failing to finish what I started ( I can't even remember what it was now). But August Bank holiday and I'm off work, so going to join in!!!!!
This time, I've picked a chunky knit from Stephanie Japel's Fitted knits, in Rowan Plaid,not sure which of the two colours yet, and I think I can do it in a weekend! I'm going to a play on saturday evening, and a christening on sunday, but hoping that this project is still do-able for me:-) We shall see!!!!
The Crafty forum has just added a Wardrobe refashioning mini forum, and although I'm not up to rewesing due to no dressmaking skills, I do have a couple of pure wool jumpers that I bought from Next, and never wear any more, and I'm wondering if I may be able to felt them and make a nice bag.........I think I'll bung em in the machine and see what happens!
Last shift at work this afternoon:-)Then 17 days off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger florencemary said...

Ooooh, that's a jumper I've got on my to-do list (it's down the line a bit, but definitely on my knitlist). I so love the shape of it! I think, once again, we seem to be choosing the same yarns and the same patterns...

Looking forward to seeing how you get on... have a great weekend!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Thats a lovely pattern and should knit up quickly. The play sounds great and so does your impending holiday!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

*claps madly for 17 days off* whooo hoooo!! Hope you rise to the challenge!

2:24 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Good luck with the challenge, that's a lovely sweater. Yay for holidays too!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount