Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Half a pair!!!


I've just finished the first of the pair of the Friday Harbour socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the road. I love this book so much, this is my second pair from the book and I think I will get round to making nearly all of them eventually!!!!
The sock swap for my Harry potter partner is coming along ok too but I'm finding it really hard to get a photo which shows the pattern! SO....... I've enlisted the help of one of my cyber buddies, and she is going to use my pattern and knit a pair in plain yarn just so I can get a decent piccie of the pattern!I'm hoping to get the pattern up on the swap blog to earn some extra points for Hufflepuff:-)
I cast on for Tempting II last night! The 1x1 rib is a little slow going but I'm enjoying using the calmer yarn which I've never used before, its very soft once knitted, almost chenilley!!!I've a lovely mother of pearl buckle for it to finish it off, hopefully before I go on holiday in May:-)
I've had a funny few days knitting wise, I've had time off work but haven't really got much done, just hunted around in stash for new things to start *roll*
My training for the great north run is going ok, I can feel myself improving each time I go out, whihc is good cos it's keeping me enthusiastic!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Seahorse said...

Gorgeous sock!

Are you being sponsored for the run? If you are, can you point me to where/how?

9:50 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

Lovely sock, I love the colours.

Good luck with the great north run.

5:42 AM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

Fab sock, love the colour and the pattern ;) Good luck with the running.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Stunning sock! I'm doing 2 x 2 rib atm which is bad enough.

And crickey, the Great North Run eh!? Am suitably impressed :)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Lovely sock - well done with the training too. I could run for the bus at the moment and that's about it! I'd better shape up ,cos race for Life is in 3 weeks time!

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home