Sunday, February 03, 2008

Birthday girl!!!!

Today is the first day of the last year of my twenties! I remember being a teenager when I longed to be "grown up", and now as my thirties are in sight, I almost wish I was fourteen again. I think that because I work with the elderly, I am very conscious of the trials and tribulations of old age, and how for may of us, its not something to look forward to. Luckily, I'm not old enough to worry seriously about getting old, but I do often consider at work, as people die, that one day, these people were like me, with hopes and dreams, aspirations, poeple they loved, and lives they touched........and wonder what my legacy would be:-(
ok, I'll stop being morbid now, and get onto the business of pressies!!!! I took part in a birthday exchange on the crafty threads forum, and recieved my gift fform Nevisknitter, and what gift!!!!

The jojoland is so soft, I'm planning to make a pair of jaywalkers with that:-) The pink/blue yarn is Shunklies which I think is handspun. I want to make a scarf or mini shawl with this so will have to keep an eye out for a suitable pattern.
My sister bought me a gift voucher last year for Janettes rare yarns, and I was expecting the same thing this year, as she knows I love to knit, but as she doesn't is never really sure what to buy for me. How wrong I was..........

She'd been to John Lewis and bought me three skeins of the gorgoeus Llama Miski yarn from Mirasol, and she bought the pattern book by Jane ellison to go with it! I have to admit to being seriously impressed that she managed to buy something so lovely!!! I also got some Lush goodies for the bath, and The Rose of Sebastopol, which looks really good! DH bought me a portable stereo so I can listen to music or the radio in any room in the house, so have been listening to radio 4 as I cook, and its great:-) I got some book vouchers and amazon vouchers too form cyber friends, so have been fillinf my basket on amazon this morning, happy days!!!!
I started the cph yesterday, and this will be my february sweater, I think I should get it finished no probs, and I have a weeks annual leave, so loads of time to knit:-) And LOST starts again tonight, does it get any better than this???!!!! Piccies of knitting content next time!

12 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Your legacy???? - A true friend, an inspiration, a kind & caring soul, and a bloomin' fab knitter!!! It seems a good legacy to me!

Please don't tell me about Lost! - I "lost" Lost when sky nicked it 'cos I can't afford sky :( still one day I'll be able to pick the DVD's up for a song!!!

have a fabulous evening, and here's to a fabulous year too! *Cheers*

6:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Birthday - hope you enjoy it - make the most of every day and don't worry about the future you nut!

Lovely pressies; well done your sis.

It's the first year of my 30's for me this year :o)

6:35 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Happy birthday!! You don't look a day over 16 years old Terri! :)

Lovely Knitterly pressies too. :)

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be getting morbid on your birthday now!!!! 29 is a great place to be :-)) And hope you're having a fantastic day!!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

Aw you're still a nipper hun :D
Happy Birthday!!!! Lovely presents too but I think your sis's was really great...it's so nice when they get right (trust me I know sis's lol)


I'm almost middle aged (according to my DD1...lord help me, i'm still 18 in the head)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Fabulous pressies! Happy birthday! I am afraid we don't have Sky, I love Lost :( By the way, you are only young, enjoy being that age!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

What Noo said :)

Have a wonderful day! And actually, I think my thirties are better in lots of ways than my twenties were :)

12:06 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Happy belated birthday! The best is yet to come!

9:14 AM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Hey, happy birthday, AQ! But you're still so young (in fact, you're younger than my daughters!) - it's me that feels old, reading about how young you are!

Hope you had a lovely day and are enjoying your fab presents!

10:25 AM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

ooo, those look great birthday gifts - your sister did very well ;)

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A belated happy birthday! What lovely pressies. =)

I enjoyed my twenties more than my teens, my thirties more than my twenties, and, so far, my forties more than my thirties. It's deteriorating health than spoils the fun of aging, but I never think about the future. Live for today, and all that jazz! =)

2:36 AM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like you received some wonderful pressies!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount