Thursday, August 16, 2007

Monkey sock swap!!!!!!!!

I seem to have a bit of a thing for sock swaps at the moment! I've the second hogwarts swap ongoing, and then when I saw that ,Rebecca was running another Monkey swap, I just couldn't resist! I wanted to join last time, but just missed the deadline for signups, but I'm in plenty of time this time around:-) If anyone else fancies joining in, details can be found here, and signups finish at the end of august.


Monkey Sock Swap THREE Questionnaire

The basics:
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?
Hmmmm, intermediate to advanced I think.......fairisle fills me with terror, but I'm pretty good at cables and lace!

The measurements:
Shoe Size: UK 3, eur 36
Foot circumference: 8 inches
Foot length: 8.5 inches

Yarn Preferences:
What colors do you love? I like rich colours, reds/burgundys, anything autumnal!

Do you prefer solids or variegated?
I love both, But my stash is mainly variagated, a bit of solid colour thrown in would be great!

Do you prefer wool, cotton or acrylic yarn?
Definately wool! I'm a cold feet warm heart kinda gal!!!!!

What colors would you never wear?
None! I like all colours really.

What are your favorite brands of yarn?
I like Lornas laces shepherd sock
Yarn yard yarn (which is from a UK based shop)
Cherry tree hill

Are there any new brands you would like to try?
I'd love to try knitpicks, as we can't get it here in the uk!

Cookie A. Patterns:
Which of her patterns have you already knit?
Hedera

Which pattern(s) would you like to knit and don’t already own?
Twisted flower sock pattern is gorgoeus! I'd love to have a go at that:-)


Other pertinent information:

Would you be willing to have an international Monkey Pal or do you prefer one in the US?
I have to say international really don't I!!!! LOL!!!!

Do you have any allergies?
No

Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals?
I have two dogs. I don't encourage them near me when I knit, but they do sometimes have a sniff of what I'm at!!!!

Are you on Ravelry yet? If you don’t mind having new friends, what is your Ravelry name?
No:-( still waiting for my invite...........:-(

6 Comments:

Blogger gilraen said...

Oh you temptress! I had to sign up!!!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

I was tempted, but the thought of knitting to a deadline for someone else terrifies me too much :) I shall watch your progress with interest though.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Fiona Reynolds said...

Tempted - but while I love deadline ("I love the whooshing sound they make as they go flying past") I have too many deadlines at present. I'm waiting for my ravelry invite too.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

Aw this is one of those things i'd like to have a go at but i'm too chicken lol
I can't remember what the hell I have said YES to as it is.
I might join in as a tribute to me ;) and make a pair of monkeys (see if they fit ) and may pass them on lol

8:39 PM  
Blogger Lavender Vablatsky said...

Oh my another sock swap! That sounds like fun, but I think my needles are full with the HSS2, maybe next time!

Not to be bothersome but I was wondering if you accepted my design contest entry?! Its called Not Another Weasley Hat. You can find it on my blog,

naturallyknitty.blogspot.com

Sorry if i'm being anoying, I was just really excited about it and haven't heard from you about it. The e-mail link you have on the post wouldn't work for me, it bounced back.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Penelope Quafflepuncher said...

I guess I really DO need to make a pair of these huh???

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount