Friday, February 08, 2008

Cast on Crazy!!!!!

I seem to go through phases of either sticking with one project, or casting on madly for mulitple WIP's which will undoubtedly take me months to complete. At present, my mood matches the latter, and my WIP count has gone up in rapid succession *roll*, but I'm happy, so its all good:-)
After much deliberation, I cast on for the Karenina socks for which the kit was installment 1 of the socktopus club.

I think they are knitting up really nicely! I know a few people had sizing issues with these on 2.5mm, but as I have small fet I decided to go ahead with the recommended needle size, my tension is right on the st st areas, but I do think that these might need to be blocked before I can get them onto my feet.........
I also cast on for Thermal, prompted by a knitalong going on over on the crafty threads forum. This is so much nicer knitted up than I thought it was going to be. I had the impression that it was going to look a little bulky despite teh 4ply yarn, but its not at all, and I'm really pleased with my progress on this. I'm using some jaeger matchmaker merino 4ply from stash to make this, and rather than knit it in the round, I have decided to knit it on straights. This is purely because I can knit much faster on straights than I can on circs because of the way I hold my needles.

I cast on for This shawl from Yarnforward, but I suspect it will be a long term project. The yarn is supposed to be a 4ply, but in truth it seems a similar weight to much of the laceweight I have in stash. It's lovely and soft though, and I am enjoying knitting with it. I'm having a little bit of difficulty with the chart for the lace, not becasue I can't read the chart, but because its thewrong way on the page, and really hard to get the magazine to stay open to read it without totally ruining the spine iyswim.......


I did consider also casting on for another forest canopy shawl using some fine sari silk form my stash, but thought that was going perhaps a tad too far on the WIP front lol, maybe tomorrow;-)
I've got a central park hoodie otn too, but will post pictures of that once its nearer completion:-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I think there actually is a cast on fever - I know I get it sometimes and it's just all new things all the way!!

All looking like lovely projects

5:30 PM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Wow, you've got lots of lovely things on the go!

I really like Thermal - I think it will suit you. I'll try not to be a copycat as usual, and cast on for one too (I think we just seem to like the same sweater patterns... great taste, obviously!).

6:26 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

The more WIP the merrier! Ha!Ha! It helps to have a 'TOP TEN' list in my sidebar. Then, I don't have to feel guilty if I cast on something from the list.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I am just the same lately! I love your knits, the green shawl looks grea and I so wish I had joined the soctopus club!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Your shawl is going to be really pretty, I love the colours.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount