Thursday, May 15, 2008

Something new:-)

This week has been a flurry of new experiences!
On Tuesday, I went to my first knitting group in Costas in Morpeth. There were 4 of us there, and it was great fun, spending two hours just chatting knitting:-) We're going to be meeting once a month, probably at a differant venue next time as Costas was pretty noisy. Perhaps the back room of a pub if anyone will have us, but its all very exciting, and I'm sure I'll be a regular attender.
I've also made a start on the Deep v tank by Eunny jang, it's my first proper attempt at colourwork.

I did attempt the endpaper mitts last year, but my colour choice was a bit rubbish and so they are half knitted in a bag somewhere. I'm really enjoying the tank so far. It's coming along surprisingly quickly, and its much simpler than I had envisaged. It will be my first attempt at steeking too when I get that far, but the instructions look really comprehensive, so I'm sure I'll manage:-)
I'm going to work on the tank for a few days and see how far I get, Ii've done 25 rows of pattern already, and thats only since yesterday afternoon, so possibly a speedy FO!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger SueJ said...

The knitting group thing is good fun -we grew from five to ten pretty quickly -meet in each others houses as there wasn't an obvious after dark location in Harrogate.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good!!! And your tank is lovely :-)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Great progress on the tank - and that's a great new button in the sidebar :o)

5:46 PM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Looking good, Mrs! I really like the colours you're using. Are you knitting it with the two-handed thing? And good luck with the steeks - I'm still shying away from that 'experience'!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Your Knitting always looks so neat and even! I love the way the tank is shaping up.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Curly Cable said...

Your tank is looking fab, lovely neat work. Your knitting club sounds like a fun chance to knit'n'knatter. Fingers crossed that you find somewhere more suitable for your next meet!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

The the tank is looking good...i'm still studying the charts lol.

I will cast on for this...oneday ;)

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have sent several e-mails hoping to get your address to send the monkey sock package, maybe they are going into your spam folder ?

10:30 AM  
Blogger picperfic said...

that looks great! Knitting clubs are great fun, a pub is good ;^)

10:01 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Oh my that is brave and clever too!!

I would love to come to Morpeth!! Pity it's a bit far :)

10:12 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

It's great isn't it meeting as a knitting group. I hope it continues to thrive.

I haven't done colour work for years - your tank is looking lovely so far :-)

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount