Friday, April 25, 2008

All work and no play.....

Or at least thats what it feels like to me!!!!
I have been knitting, but haven't make much progress on anything, rather I've been doing little bits on lots of differant projects.
As I think I've mentioned before, I have one of the bedrooms which is my knitting room. I keep all my stash, patterns, notions and Wips in this room. It's probably my favourite place in the house tbh, although it's small, it's cosy, and truly representative of the things I love.(It does have photos of DH in there......)
Although I'm generally a very tidy and organised person, this room is somewhat a paradox! I'm always in there, tidying, clearing up, sorting stash, yet it never seems tidy......... I put things away when I've used them, so not sure why this is the case. Anyway, as days off often end up with me tidying this room yet again, I've spent all morning in there, not knitting, but sorting! I've had all my WIP's out of bags!

Why is it that I always find WIp's which I'd forgotten about???!!!! And it always lead me to renewed enthusiasm for things started months ago, but as there are so many of them, I can't decide which to tackle and inevitably,no WIP progress is made at all, and they return to a period of hopeless abandonement in yet another project bag *roll*. Needless to say, all the above are now safely returned to their hiding places of previous months:-) I reckon if I leave them long enough, they'll almost feel like a totally new project!!!

I signed up for the mystery stole knitalong last year, I think I kept up for the first clue and then I moved onto another WIP! I've done another couple of clues over the past couple of weeks. I'm using yarnyard laceweight merino, which is like a cobweb lace weight, so I only manage a couple of hours on this at a time otherwise my hands start to ache, but I think I will keep getting it out once a week as I'm loving how its progressing.I'm really looking forward to blocking it, although I have a long way to go before thats gonna happen!

I'm back on nights on saturday night, so in preparation have been trying to make myself a navy cardi in time to wear. I've been working on Mr Greenjeans from Knitty, and its going along quite quickly. I have the body done, just need to start on the sleeves. I doubt I'll have it done for saturday night, but I have almost three weeks of night duty ahead, so hopefully I'll have it to wear at some point during the three weeks:-) I'm using all seasons cotton, which is nice and soft, I do like this yarn and have another lot of it in lilac in my stash.
Ok, enough of my witterings for now, maybe I'll get back to regular posting some time soon! I need to win the lottery so that I don't have to go to work I think:-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh keep going with the Mystery stole, I'm really pleased with mine (hoping to use it for a wedding in a couple of months time) and you don't have too much more to go. It'll be worth it in the end

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ALWAYS sorting WIPS!!! Had a big clear up about 3 weeks ago tho and now just have a project bag with a couple of things in downstairs - the rest are in the attic room out of the way and less of a distraction ;-)

I can spy your Twilley wrap cardi there but haven't a clue what that fuschia pink WIP is on the top LOL!!! You should have a spot-the-WIP competition!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Ooooh 3 weeks of nights - that doesn't sound fair! :( Maybe if you leave your WIP's in a dark corner the WIP elves will come and finish them for you!

7:44 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Oh I am just the same only it's in bags on the shelves!!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Lots of WIP'S!!! I have room like that but things tend to end up downstairs taking over the lounge!Love the stole.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though totally unrelated to this post, I have found no other way to contact you ...
I have seen that one of your favourite books is "The fifth lamentation", can you tell me the author or even a way to get hold of that book? Somehow it seems impossible to find anything about in on the web!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount