Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rapids of time........


I've been working, so not much knitting to report really:-( I've been making some river rapid socks for a birthday gift, intended for a non-knitting friend of mine. I'm using posh Lucia, and hoping she will like them. The colourway is April showers, which I thought was ideal for her April birthday. I'm hoping to finish sock number two quite quickly and then it will be onto the Monkey socks destined for my secret Monkey pal:-)
Other than socks, I've been working on Juno from Rowan 40. The body is all done, it just needs blocking before I work on the collar, which is knitted to fit. I'm using Rowanspun aran, which I've never used before, its nice, and much softer than I expected too! Shame it's discontinued:-)

Both projects are using yarn from stash, I've managed to refrain from any yarn buying at all so far in 2008!!!!! Although I have to admit, although I've made a few things and sold a few bits of yarn too, I haven't made much of a dent in my stash..............
Life seems really busy at the moment. I'm finding it dificult to find time to blog other than on my days off, yet I can't see what has changed, and why time is suddenly an issue, when it wasn't a few months ago????!!!!! Very bizarre.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Those River Rapid Socks are very pretty! Your friend will undoubtedly love them. What a lucky girl she is!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Love the socks, and Juno is looking lovely too. What is it with time, there's either loads of it, or none.... never just in the middle!! LOL

7:17 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

I'm in the same boat as you, needing to finish a pair of socks then to start my Monkey Swap4 Pal's pair. :)

Your River Rapid Socks look lovely. I've only ever used the Rowanspun to felt, it felts up beautifully too :)

I like the look of Juno, The collar is really something :)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

The socks are so nice. Juno looks good too.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount